Restorative and rehabilitative movement for new mothers.
What if you could re-connect with and re-coordinate all the muscles stretched and stressed during pregnancy and birth, and ultimately return them to the state of responsiveness needed for every day life?
Motherbody Essentials includes the fundamentals you need to know to help rehabilitate your body after giving birth. I'd love to help you learn how to safely and progressively support your body to recover after having a baby.
In Motherbody Essentials, we'll work with the principles of the pilates method to learn exercises and practices that are safe for your healing pelvic floor, abdominals and any core injuries you might be working with.
We'll cover breathing, alignment, pelvic floor and abdominal activation, and how to move your body safely in your everyday life with special care and attention on managing common 'core injuries' such as leaking, prolapse, diastasis, pelvic pain and any healing episiotomy or cesarean wounds.
Whether you're within the first forty days of motherhood or you've already lived four or five years as a mother, if you feel like your core is a bit squishy, leaky, and unreliable, then this course is appropriate for you.
This isn't an exercise program focused on toning up and fitting into your pre pregnancy clothes, although these might be a side effect of doing the work. Instead this is a place where you can learn how to help your body recover from the challenges of pregnancy, birth and mothering, whilst also taking into account your specific needs as a mother including;
- Healing from pregnancy and birth
- Sleep deprivation
- Not having much (any!) time alone
- Nutritional needs and hormonal changes if you're breastfeeding
- The aches caused by looooong hours of holding and rocking a small baby
- The reality many mothers face of needing to lift heavy awkward things like a baby capsule or pram all whilst at feeling physically vulnerable.
Motherbody Essentials intends to give you the fundamentals you need to rehabilitate your body from the inside out so you're strong enough for the activities of motherhood and understand how to work with your body when you return to your favourite exercise.
This is the vital information about proactively healing after giving birth that I wish all mama's knew.
I hope this course might offer you a way to care for and reflect on the awesomeness of your mother body.
And how you're so worth taking very good care of.
How does it work?
- You'll learn a simple strategy to help rehabilitate your pelvic floor and core after having a baby.
- There are eight live classes taught each Friday around the theme of the week. Each class is recorded and uploaded into Teachable so you can watch it later if you can't make the class live.
- There is pre recorded content that you can watch at your own pace. These videos are specific to the theme of the week to help you understand the principles and exercises more clearly.
- Two integration weeks (week 4 and week 8) to allow you time to catch up on the course content, practice, and ask any questions you have.
- Support and community via a private Facebook group.
The first live class is on Friday July 3rd at 11am and there are weekly live classes for eight weeks.
- Friday 3rd July - Breathing and release.
- Friday 10th July - Alignment; how your alignment affects your core.
- Friday 17th July - Centring; pelvic floor and deep abdominals.
- Friday 24th July - Integration week.
- Friday 31st July - Coordinating the back line; activating you glutes and mid back.
- Friday 7th August - Control; managing pressure through the abdomen.
- Friday 14th August - Functional movement patterns for motherhood.
- Friday 21st August - Integration week.
We'll begin Friday July 3rd at 11am with our first live class together.
The pre recorded content is available in the Teachable platform as short video's for you to do in little pockets of free time through the week. And the weekly hour long group classes (baby friendly of course!) are taught live via zoom at 11am AEST every Friday for eight weeks starting Friday July 3rd.
After signing up you'll be able to start the first module and bonus class right away. An email with the zoom link to the classes as well as an invitation to join the Facebook group should arrive within 24hrs.
The content for the first week is available as soon as you purchase so you can begin immediately! And then after that the content for each week will be available on Monday mornings. Please note there's no extra content for weeks four and eight as it's always good to have a rest week to catch up and practice what you've been learning, and figure out how to apply it to your everyday life. There will still be a weekly Friday class every week though!
If you miss a live class you can watch it later as they're all recorded and added into Teachable so you can watch class recordings any time you like.
I'd love to have you join us. xx
Sophie is a pregnancy and postpartum professional with a very big love for helping mothers to care better for their mamabody. She has two young children and works as an integrative movement practitioner, pregnancy and postpartum corrective exercise specialist, pilates teacher, shiatsu therapist, and postpartum doula in Melbourne Australia.
StartBreathing and Release introduction
StartLesson 1. Breathing Better (23:55)
StartLesson 2. Spiky Ball Release (16:17)
StartLesson 3. Self Massage (20:29)
PreviewBonus early bird class. Postnatal Pilates class. Breathing and centring. (55:51)
StartLive class 1. Friday July 3rd. Breathing focus. (60:02)